Re: Favorite IT/Computer books BUT NOT ORACLE

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2013 06:30:52 -0700

On Mon, Mar 25, 2013 at 12:07 PM, Steve Gardiner <steve.gardiner_at_hotsos.com>wrote:
> I was wondering what IT books we might have studied over and over but
> not about necessarily about databases or Oracle.

Some were already mentioned:

The Goal
The C Programming Language
The Mythical Man Month (read that after you read The Goal)

I would also include:

"Code Complete" Steve McConnel
Yes, this is a Microsoft Press book - just forget that bit, and you will learn a lot.

Netcat Power Tools - several authors
very interesting stuff - whitehack hacking - forewarned is forearmed

SSH Mastery - Michael W. Lucas

Advanced Bash Scripting Guide: http://www.tldp.org/LDP/abs/html/index.html

A Practical Guide to Logical Data Modeling: Tillmann

Jared Still
Certifiable Oracle DBA and Part Time Perl Evangelist Oracle Blog: http://jkstill.blogspot.com Home Page: http://jaredstill.com