Re: How to size UNDO for a database?

From: Martijn Bos <maboc_at_maboc.nl>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2013 22:23:00 +0100

Resizing undo is one way.
But I can imagine, that the cause of the problem is in the SQL-code of the application. If that actually is the case then improving the SQL-code is imho a better way to go.

Before resizing your UNDO tbs, maybe you can check whether there is code that commits way to much. When you find committing in a loop you maybe on to something.

This explained much better then I ever van in (for example): "Expert Oracle Database Achitecture" by Thomas (Tom) Kyte. In my copy of the book there is explanation on page 268 "Snapshot Too Old Error".

Best Regards,
Martijn Bos