RE: Semi-OT: Shell Scripting for dummies

From: John Hurley <hurleyjohnb_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2013 13:44:31 -0700 (PDT)

Finn:

# But really you should look into installing OEM12c and getting away from the custom scripting as much as you can.

... Dunno I really have to look at Kellyn Pot'vins hotsos presentation to understand probably ( just been busy )

If using OEM12c doesn't that necessarily imply that some set of oracle processes/agents/etc are executing and responding?

I am an old grumpy dba dinosaur but tend to drive stuff via cron and do my alerting "outside of" depending on anything from the oracle stack to use. Nothing too much wrong with basic ksh shell scripting to diagnose oracle related stuff in my opinion.

What if various things are down for various reaons?

The book you cited is very good!