Re: Thoughts on comments

From: Jeff Smith <jeff.d.smith_at_oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2013 07:53:16 -0400

If you keep them in the data model, you assume that everyone has a copy of the data model.

If you put them in the database, then folks using your database will have access to your comments.

I prefer both - write at design time in your data model, and also include in your database objects. I've had to help too many end users with poorly documented systems to rely on having a good data model around.

Jeff