RE: is Lifecycle management pack being used by anyone?

From: Peter Sharman <pete.sharman_at_oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 08:49:11 -0700 (PDT)

There are two different things being discussed here, so let's check back on which terminology the original poster meant.

From what I can recall, they mentioned "Lifecycle Management Pack". Tim responded with a discussion on ILM, which others have followed. Others have also used the term ILM when referring to an EM option. That option (or pack) is the ***Database*** Lifecycle Management pack, not ***Information*** Lifecycle Management. The fact that the original poster mentioned the term "pack" inclines me to believe they meant DBLM. However, if they could respond to confirm that, it would make life clearer. :)

Also, someone mentioned DBLM as a repackaging of three earlier 11g packs - the Change Management pack, Configuration Management pack for Oracle Database and Provisioning and Patch Automation for Database. This is not strictly true - it is not just a license consolidation exercise but includes new capabilities as well.

Pete

Pete Sharman
Principal Product Manager
Enterprise Manager Product Suite
33 Benson Crescent CALWELL ACT 2905 AUSTRALIA Phone: +61262924095 | | Fax: +61262925183 | | Mobile: +61414443449

Kevin Loney, Oracle DBA Handbook

"Oh no, it's not, it's much harder than that!"
Bruce Pihlamae, long term Oracle DBA