Re: Deadlock inserting into same rowid (different block)

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2013 18:44:45 -0000

The "graph" isn't pointing to any object.

The rowids waited on reference an object - which I think you're saying is the index supporting the foreign key - but I've said the unlikely occurrence of the zeros as both slots numbers is, by itself, sufficient to make you suspicious that the reporting is false. (The fact that the object is an index, even more so).

I'd hazard a guess that you'll find that that index is a popular candidate for "buffer busy wait" waits (check v$segstat) and that the inserts are (roughly) sequential on the parent id.

Regards

Jonathan Lewis
http://jonathanlewis.wordpress.com/all-postings

Author: Oracle Core (Apress 2011)