Re: VNC vs Cygwin (was RE: Semi-OT: Vi Question/Need)

From: Norman Dunbar <oracle_at_dunbar-it.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2013 13:58:10 +0000

On 20/03/13 13:49, Tim Hall wrote:
> I've not had any problems using MobaXTerm as my X server using "ssh -X
> oracle_at_machine".

What Tim said!

Unfortunately, I'm WFH over a company VPN where I have to login to one server to connect to another where I want to do the installing. X forwarding does work from the first server to MobaXTerm, and sometimes (assuming i ssh -X) from the second server, but not always.

Then I really have problems!

Sometimes though, the multi-network traffic just makes it slooooooow!

Highly recommended software, I even paid up for the full version.

Cheers,
Norm.

--
Norman Dunbar