Re: 1 minutes: best downtime story

From: Nigel Thomas <nigel.cl.thomas_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2013 14:48:02 +0000

Another one (thanks Brian Pardy for his story which reminded me of this) A UK utility company had one of its data centres in a lower ground floor, with a loading bay outside. Delivery truck's brakes failed on the down ramp, and the fire doors - though designed to open outwards only - unsurprisingly proved a poor match against the accumulated momentum of the incoming 20 ton truck.

Regards Nigel