Oracle Weblogic Server Issue

From: Bill Zakrzewski <bill_at_intactus.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2013 14:41:58 -0400

Environment:
3-tier architecture
apache on webtier
Oracle Weblogic 10.3.5 on apptier
Oracle 11.2.0.3.x on dbtier

App Tier has a clustered filesystem shared on 6 servers. The servers are clustered through Weblogic and each runs the same applications. Every now and then the application servers lockup - there is nothing written to the logs and when I look at the weblogic console the server shows "Running" but the health does not have the OK. I attempt to shutdown the application server and the process does not stop, I then attempt to kill the process and "kill -9" or any other kill options does not remove this process. If I attempt to restart the server it fails I think because the process that won't die is holding file locks.

Has anyone come across anything similar? Any workarounds to restart the application servers?

Regards
Bill--
http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Fri Mar 15 2013 - 19:41:58 CET

Original text of this message