RE: 1 minutes: best downtime story

From: bill thater <shrekdba_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2013 07:28:12 -0700

I was working at a teaching hospital and every night one of the vax systems and it's database whent down. I would get a call and be able to login with no problem. Staying one night I found the cleaning lady unplugging the vax to plugin her vacuum. Problem solved:-)

sent from my Windows Phone
Bill"shrek" thater Oracle DBA
Shrekdba_at_Gmail.com
"Oh boother said Pooh 'lock phasers on the hefalump. Mr.Piglet meet me in transporter room three"
From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Jeremy Schneider Sent: Thursday, March 14, 2013 5:07 PM
To: oracle-l
Subject: 1 minutes: best downtime story

Hey all -

I'm writing a paper about top causes of downtime. As one component of research, I'd like to get some input from you!

One minute, two sentences. First sentence: describe what went down. Second sentence: describe why. (I have to categorize all of these.) Everyone should have at least one downtime story so I'm hoping for a lot of feedback!

Answer about any technology - database, operating system, etc.

Thanks!

-Jeremy

--

Jeremy Schneider