RE: Semi-OT: Vi Question/Need

From: <Christopher.Taylor2_at_parallon.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2013 08:56:53 -0500

Oh - I hadn't thought about doing it from the command line. Not a bad idea...not bad at all. I wish I was on 11.2 - still on 10.2 for now.

Chris

From: rjamya [mailto:rjamya_at_gmail.com] Sent: Friday, March 15, 2013 8:51 AM
To: Taylor Christopher - Nashville
Cc: ORACLE-L
Subject: Re: Semi-OT: Vi Question/Need

you mean something like this (assuming your plans is stored in test.txt), probably easier than vi

->cat test.txt | cut -c 1-73

| Id  | Operation                        | Name                         |
|   0 | SELECT STATEMENT                 |                              |
|   1 |  HASH UNIQUE                     |                              |

?
Also see dbms_xplan.diff_plan_awr or dbms_xplan.diff_plan_cursor if you wish in 11.2

Raj