RE: 1 minutes: best downtime story

From: Lange, Kevin G <kevin.lange_at_ppoone.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2013 16:20:23 -0500

Half a Million Dollar AIX system kept having main system drive failures costing the Electric Utility who owned the Nuclear Plant undergoing its 18 month Maintenance Outage about One-Hundred Thousand dollars a day in delay costs.

Cause: 1 25 cent chip on the hot-swap carriage the disk was mounted in.