Re: ACL Lists and UTL_MAIL FAIL when executed from a stored procedure.

From: Norman Dunbar <oracle_at_dunbar-it.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2013 07:32:23 +0000

Morning Joel,

On 12/03/13 20:39, Patterson, Joel wrote:
> P.S. FYI it worked without granting resolve to ACLTEST. I know that was mentioned early on.
I'm late to the party again!

I upgraded a database from 10203 to 11203 recently. The corresponding app sends mails from a PL/SQL package, and of course, it barfed.

I had to create the ACLs like you did in your example. I documented it at
http://qdosmsq.dunbar-it.co.uk/blog/2013/02/cannot-send-emails-or-read-web-servers-from-oracle-11g/ which is basically my "little black book of thoughts".

I didn't need the "resolve" privilege either, just "connect".

Cheers,
Norm.

--
Norman Dunbar