osauth_prefix_domain to get domain on OS user

From: Jeff Chirco <JChirco_at_innout.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2013 18:19:11 +0000

I read that if you add the string value osauth_prefix_domain=True in the registry under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/ORACLE/HOME# it will force the OS user to have the domain included in their session. Well I added it and restarted the database and it did not work. My OS users shows JEFFC instead of DOMAIN/JEFFC. The only way I can get the domain to show is if I change the sqlnet.ora file to NTS, but I prefer to leave that as NONE. Am I doing something wrong with osauth_prefix_domain? Is this not what it is for? We want the domain included in the OS User value to prevent OS spoofing from the client. We don't want anybody to be able to make a local OS account on their PC and log in as that and pretend they are someone else. We want to be able to look at the OS user on the session to help make restrictions on what the user can see, and we would like to rely on this being correct but right now we can't.

Any ideas?
Thanks.