RE: Interesting topic in linked in

From: Juan Cruz Miranda Vigo <jcmiranda_at_oesia.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2013 21:54:10 +0100

Dataguard is your friend:
  • Use some big delay (2 days ?. Test archivelog apply speed)
  • Use different room/site that prod!
  • Monitorize with a pair of scripts.
  • Activate it periodically.

...and you will sleep better.

and more:

  • Can use as read-only database, or rw with Active Dataguard.
  • Can use DG server to run other test/dev instances.
  • Can use DG to recover table or database to a precise instant of time, between your delay configured time.

From: "Andrew Kerber" <andrew.kerber_at_gmail.com>