Re: kernel memory keeps increasing and running out of memory (Sun T4, Solaris 10)

From: Yong Huang <yong321_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2013 10:46:53 -0800 (PST)

> Server is Sun T4 (2 CPU, 128G memory), solaris version is "Oracle
> Solaris 10 8/11 s10s_u10wos_17b SPARC"
> Does anybody know what streams_dblk is used for? I tried to google for
> it but didn't get any useful information.

This question may be berter answered on a Solaris forum. STREAMS is the underlined technology at the driver layer implementing Solaris network stack, such as TCP/IP or even layer 2. I can only guess your problem may be related to network connections on this server. But even under stress, kernel memory should not leak, or it's likely to be a bug in Solaris.

Yong Huang