experience with undocumented pga parameters

From: Josh Collier <Josh.Collier_at_banfield.net>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2013 17:25:35 +0000

Does anyone on this list have experience with setting the following parameters on 11gR2 linux? I have a server with 250G available for the PGA and am having a hard time getting the database to stop spilling sorts to temp. I have a ticket open with support so that I can get into a support configuration with these settings, however, I am having a hard time finding a combination of these 4 that will prevent even small queries from sending sorts to temp.

"_smm_max_size"
"_pga_max_size"
"_smm_px_max_size"
"_smm_isort_cap"