RE: TDE for data previously unencrypted

From: Kevin Lidh <kevin.lidh_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2013 11:40:39 -0700

I remember VMS having a switch /ERASE on the DELETE command which would wipe the affected area. Otherwise it would just remove the reference to the file you were deleting. I'm open to work-arounds, even. I was just thinking that maybe CTAS and then deleting the original data might be a way. I haven't tested it yet, though. It still would be time consuming in production but we could incrementally do it.

From: rajendra.pande_at_ubs.com [mailto:rajendra.pande_at_ubs.com] Sent: Thursday, March 07, 2013 11:35 AM
To: hemantkchitale_at_gmail.com
Cc: oracle-l_at_freelists.org; kevin.lidh_at_gmail.com Subject: RE: TDE for data previously unencrypted

Yes

From: Hemant K Chitale [mailto:hemantkchitale_at_gmail.com] Sent: Thursday, March 07, 2013 1:34 PM
To: Pande, Rajendra
Cc: oracle-l_at_freelists.org; kevin.lidh_at_gmail.com Subject: RE: TDE for data previously unencrypted

Ah ok. You mean an additional keyword to MOVE, DROP and TRUNCATE commands that would call special code only when needed.

No virus found in this message.