instant client

From: Zelli, Brian <Brian.Zelli_at_RoswellPark.org>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2013 20:43:27 +0000

I downloaded the 11 instant client to my laptop. I try and run sqlplus, I get the ORA-12560 TNS protocol adapter error I set the sid, run it again and get same error I include the tnsnames entry in my sqlplus Enter user-name: zelli_at_tnsnames entry Enter password: put it in

And then get ORA-12154 TNS:could not resolve the connect identifier specified

I've never used instant client before so what am I missing? I created a tnsnames.ora, a sql net.ora........don't know what else.

ciao,
Brian

This email message may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient(s), or the employee or agent responsible for the delivery of this message to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of this email message is prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail and delete this email message from your computer. Thank you.