RE: DBMS_SERVICE create service/start_service and DB Restarts doesn't start service

From: <Christopher.Taylor2_at_parallon.net>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2013 13:42:58 -0600

In this case the service was UP before we shutdown the database but not up after the database was restarted.

The service was created using DBMS_SERVICE.CREATE_SERVICE and started using DBMS_SERVICE.START_SERVICE.

I'm fairly certain that it's needs to be added to SERVICE_NAMES because when doing that it automatically starts the service and registers with the listener.

Chris