AUDIT is asking to turn on OBJECT auditing (I'm an auditing newbie)

From: <Christopher.Taylor2_at_parallon.net>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2013 08:51:40 -0600

Currently DBA_OBJ_AUDIT_OPTS returns null rows and our Auditing group is wanting to have rows returned there (Funny huh?) So the first question I asked them was to provide me a list, or somehow specify what it is they want audited and by whom.

Now the question I have for the list is:

What concerns should I have about turning on OBJECT auditing? What kind of AUDITING should we stay away from/push back on due to performance implications (if any)?

Any other AUDITING related stuff you can think of that I need to be concerned about? (Again, I'm a newbie when it comes to Audits)

Regards,

Chris Taylor
Oracle DBA
Parallon IT&S