Re: ACLS oracle 11 UTL_MAIL.

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2013 06:37:50 +0000

Andrew
That's a nice solution to this issue. I see a couple of potential improvements to the trigger presented in the blog now it has a wider audience, like me, though.

First there's the host='*' line which should likely be replaced with host='smtp.server.fqdn' :) and second, a useful exercise for the reader is the revoking of the ACL when REVOKE EXECUTE on UTL_MAIL is issued, or at least how to deal with this should be mentioned.

On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 8:19 PM, Andrew Kerber <andrew.kerber_at_gmail.com>wrote:

> I was going to say its no big deal to drop and re-create xdb, but I see
> someone has already noted that it can be done. Just be sure to follow the
> notes exactly. By the way, on my blog I have a little database trigger I
> wrote a couple of years ago for creating or adding to the network acl when
> you grant execute on utl mail. Your pardon if my blog comments are a
> little snarky on this, its not my favorite feature of 11gR2.
>
> http://dbakerber.wordpress.com/2011/06/29/11gr2-network-acl-what-a-nice-feature/
>

> On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 2:12 PM, Jorgensen, Finn <
> Finn.Jorgensen_at_constellation.com> wrote:
>
> > Whenever I have this problem I drop XDB and recreate it but you will need
> > to bounce the database between those 2 actions. There's a MOS note about
> > the scripts to run to properly drop and recreate XDB.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Finn

Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA