High ping times on interconnect for Cisco UCS servers....

From: Bobak, Mark <Mark.Bobak_at_proquest.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2013 20:27:51 -0500

Hi,
Does anyone have any experience with Cisco UCS servers?

I've just been handed my first batch of them, and I'm getting ready to install a two-node RAC. These servers are replacement for HP DL360s. I currently have a two-node RAC running on the DL360s. The ping times on this RAC, with bonded 1GigE NICs, are around 0.070 ms. On the new UCS servers (10GigE "vNICs"), my ping times are in the neighborhood of 0.170. That's about 2.4 times slower...

I fully expected *faster* ping times for 10GigE interface....

So, has anyone seen something like this before? Any thoughts? Ideas?

FYI, I also have a second two-node UCS server RAC that I'm getting ready to set up, and it seems to have the same problem.

Any ideas, thoughts, or suggestions, would be appreciated.

Thanks,

-Mark

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Fri Mar 01 2013 - 02:27:51 CET