Re: storing lobs as secure files - any gotchas?

From: Tanel Poder <tanel_at_tanelpoder.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2013 01:10:02 +0200

I recommend you read this too if you expect plenty of update activity on your securefile LOB items:
*Securefiles DMLs cause high 'buffer busy waits' & 'enq: TX - contention' wait events leading to whole database performance degradation [ID 1532311.1]
*
*
*

As a workaround (until the change gets built in to 11.2.0.4 and 12c) you need to set *_securefiles_concurrency_estimate = 50 **before* creating the tables.
--
*Tanel Poder*
Enkitec (The Exadata Experts)