RE: Question Auditing Session = Logons (inspired by Stephen's email)

From: Powell, Mark <mark.powell2_at_hp.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 21:21:32 +0000

Yes, you do not have to audit logons just because you want to audit other privileges, users, or object changes. You pretty much have control over what is audited via the audit rules. If the DBCA is used to build a database then on 11.2+ a whole slew of auditing actions are enabled by default. You can turn off any you do not want.