stmt audit opts

From: Uzzell, Stephan <SUzzell_at_MICROS.COM>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 16:02:14 +0000

Hi list,

The answer to this may be out there, but my google-fu is not strong enough to find it. In dba_stmt_audit_opts, what do the following things indicate?

PUBLIC DATABASE LINK	BY ACCESS   BY ACCESS
PUBLIC SYNONYM		BY ACCESS   BY ACCESS
USER				BY ACCESS   BY ACCESS
SYSTEM AUDIT			BY ACCESS   BY ACCESS
SYSTEM GRANT		BY ACCESS   BY ACCESS
ROLE				BY ACCESS   BY ACCESS

For all of these, user_name is null, which means they apply universally.

So - does this mean all access to a public database link (I don't believe we have any, but...) or public synonym is audited? I can live with that...

What about USER - what is audited by that? The creation / modification of users?

SYSTEM GRANT - we're auditing the granting of system privileges I presume? That sounds good...

SYSTEM AUDIT - we're auditing auditing? Auditing access to the audit trail? What does this do?

ROLE - does this audit everything done via privileges assigned to a role? If so, how does this interact / overlap with explicit auditing on a user?

Any advice (including a link to where this is clearly and obviously documented :-) ) will be much appreciated!

Stephan Uzzell