RE: Need some ideas to recover object - ORA-00600: internal error code, arguments: [ktspScanInit-d], [58759497], [], [], [], [], [], []

From: <Christopher.Taylor2_at_parallon.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2013 12:23:22 -0600

Interesting - I'll check the data unloader. Right now I'm running a DUPLICATE DATABASE SKIP TABLESPACE to try to attempt to restore the tablespace I need into a dup database and copy the data out from there.

We'll see if that works. (fingers crossed?)

Chris

From: Martin Berger [mailto:martin.a.berger_at_gmail.com] Sent: Tuesday, February 26, 2013 12:22 PM To: Taylor Christopher - Nashville
Cc: Oracle-L oracle-l
Subject: Re: Need some ideas to recover object - ORA-00600: internal error code, arguments: [ktspScanInit-d], [58759497], [], [], [], [], [], []

Hi Chris,

I have never seen this error, so everything below are just assumptions: In case the BUG only affects the write into the data file, but not it's corresponding data in redo / archive, you have a chance you can export the data there. - Please ask Oracle Support for details on this BUG.

there is a tool called BBED to edit blocks in data files directly. I don't know if it can handle your problem - I've never done it.

there are some DUL (Data UnLoader) [e.g. http://www.ora600.be/ ] tools available which export data directly from datafiles. maybe they can unload data even with broken ASSM data.

There are probably more ways to address this problem.

hth
 Martin

On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 4:40 PM, <Christopher.Taylor2_at_parallon.net<mailto:Christopher.Taylor2_at_parallon.net>> wrote: Env: 10.2.0.4 64bit 3 node RAC on RH Linux 5.6

Question: what is the 2nd argument? [58759497]

Situation:
- No nightly exports/datapumps - we have nightly RMAN backups.

  • There is a known Oracle Bug 11791664 with inconsistent metadata in ASSM segments with NO workarounds listed
  • The object is in a specific tablespace (REPORTING) separate from our main tablespaces
  • DBMS_REPAIR.CHECK_OBJECT fails with the same error
  • Exp fails with the same error
  • create table as select from fails with same error

I know I can restore the production database to a copy on another server but other than that what are my options here? Can I recover just the tablespace or will that regenerate the same problem once the tablespace is recovered?

Any suggestions are much appreciated.

Regards,

Chris Taylor
Oracle DBA