RE: Re : Losing out to SQL Server

From: Iggy Fernandez <iggy_fernandez_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2013 14:56:49 -0800

A SQL Server table can be an unorganized heap just as in Oracle Databsase. See http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms188270(v=sql.105).aspx. A SQL Server "cluster index" is what Oracle calls an Index Organized Table. In other words, the table and the index become one.

> SQLServer 'Database' equates to a tablespace in Oracle, Darin Strait at

A SQL Server database is a unit of backup and recovery unlike an Oracle tablespace. Each SQL Server database within the SQL Server instance can be backed up and restored independently. It appears that Oracle 12c pluggable databases will be similar to SQL Server databases.

--
Iggy --
http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Sun Feb 17 2013 - 23:56:49 CET

Original text of this message