Re: opatch auto

From: Purav Chovatia <puravc_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2013 12:16:14 +0530

Thanks Hans.
I completely agree and hence I do always follow it the way Oracle says. My point was, I thought (and have read) that Oracle says that GI at a higher version and DB at a lower version is supported but not the other way round (pls correct me if I am wrong here). Going by that, if opatch auto applies the PSU to DB home first, then it takes the DB to a higher version with the underlying GI at a lower version and that contradicted with Oracle's guidance, and hence my question.

btw, as usual, the GI PSU in my context, does contain the DB PSU too. And I have observed the mentioned behaviour 100% of the times.

Thanks