Re: opatch auto

From: Purav Chovatia <puravc_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2013 11:37:52 +0530

Thanks for the reply but the point that I was trying to make was that as per Oracle it is required (mandatory) that GI home should be running at a higher level/version then the DB home. Going by that "opatch auto" should first patch GI home and then the DB home. But I have always observed that when using "opatch auto <GI_psu_patch_folder>", it first patches the DB home and then the GI home.
wrt other comments, we have been patching using opatch auto for last 2 years on all our 11gR2 RAC environments (probably 30 of those) and we have never encountered any issue except for a recent scenario when root.sh was failing on second node and applying the PSU requires RAC stack to be up else opatch auto will not work. In that case we have to first patch the GI home manually (which succeeded) and then patch the DB home but that just did not work.

Thanks.