Re: On SSDs - Unable to update System Stats (Noworkload)!

From: Rich Jesse <rjoralist2_at_society.servebeer.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2013 09:15:17 -0600 (CST)

Howdy,

> We are unable to gather the NOWORKLOAD System stats on our SSD storage
> (Violin + IBM V7000) based Oracle systems or more precisely, its completing
> successfully but the stat number remain unchanged at their default values.
>
> This is what we are doing :-
>
> SQL> SELECT pname, pval1
> 2 FROM sys.aux_stats$
> 3 WHERE sname = 'SYSSTATS_MAIN';
>
> PNAME PVAL1
> CPUSPEEDNW 1560
> IOSEEKTIM 10
> IOTFRSPEED 4096
The documentation does seem a little fuzzy on this, where the table in the link below says cpuspeed and maxthr would be gathered using NOWORKLOAD:

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E25178_01/server.1111/e16638/stats.htm#i41496

But the text below the table in the "Noworkload Statistics" section doesn't seem to support that:

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E25178_01/server.1111/e16638/stats.htm#CIHGHDFG

I wonder if this is a documentation bug...

Rich