Re: upgrade to 11r2

From: Hans Forbrich <fuzzy.graybeard_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2013 13:55:55 -0700

Yup.

One of the reasons the ORACLE_HOME path is (base)/product/{version}/{home-name} is so that you can have multiple versions concurrently on your machine. They can all be running at the same time.

The combination of SID and HOME is used to identify the SGA.

So you can have multiple SIDs running form one ORACLE_HOME and you can have multiple SIDs running from multiple ORACLE_HOMEs on the same machine.

/Hans