Re: Fwd: perl and dba

From: Radoulov, Dimitre <cichomitiko_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2013 10:19:32 +0100

On 07/02/2013 10:08, pier paolo Bruno wrote:
> And for windows ? power shell ?

[...]

Hi PP,
in my opinion, Perl is (still) very, very useful. You need _strong_ shell scripting stills to write _efficient_ portable shell scripts (scripts that will run on Linux, Solaris, HP-UX, AIX and eventually Cygwin).
Perl is more powerful than most commonly used shells and is also available on Windows.
Perl is available on virtually every Unix system.

Un saluto
Dimitre