Re: How to coalesce an LMT TS to drop extra datafiles?

From: Kevin Jernigan <kevin.jernigan_at_oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2013 10:17:06 -0800

Edition Based Redefinition is not the same as Online Redefinition of tables or partitions. EBR allows you to create editions of an application that allow for seamless online upgrades with no downtime; Online Redefinition allows you to move partitions or tables from one location to another, or one level of compression to another, with no downtime...KJ
*Kevin Jernigan* 	(650) 607-0392 (o)
*Senior Director Product Management* 	(415) 710-8828 (m)
kevin.jernigan_at_oracle.com <mailto:kevin.jernigan_at_oracle.com>
*Advanced Compression - ACO*: 	*Information Lifecycle Management* - ILM
   Advanced Row Compression 	*Temporal database* (Total Recall etc)
   Advanced LOB Compression 	*SecureFiles*
   Advanced LOB Deduplication 	*Database File System* - DBFS
   RMAN Backup Compression 	*Direct NFS Client* - dNFS
   Data Pump Export Compression 	*CloneDB*
   Data Guard Redo Network Transport Compression 	*Database Resource
Manager* - DBRM
   Flashback Data Archive History Table Optimization 	*Continuous Query
Notification* - CQN
*Hybrid Columnar Compression* - HCC 	*Index Organized Tables* - IOT
*Database Smart Flash Cache* 	*OISP*