Re: How to coalesce an LMT TS to drop extra datafiles?

From: Wolfgang Breitling <breitliw_at_centrexcc.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2013 10:04:42 -0700

Yes, the drawback of the "alter table move" method is that you temporarily need additional space and each table is locked for the duration of the move. How long that is depends, of course, on the size of the segment. But segment moves are surprisingly fast. I didn't need to go the dbms_redefinition route when I had to do it.