Re: OGG Switch Over to Surviving Node

From: Mark Van de Wiel <mark.van.de.wiel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2013 00:04:13 -0800

Hi,

You fail over the manager process and the manager will take care of restarting the extract/replicat processes that failed.

The concept is described in the following paper http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/middleware/goldengate/overview/ha-goldengate-whitepaper-128197.pdf, and it looks like Oracle productized this in the XAG bundle (http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/products/clusterware/overview/ogiba-reference-guide-v1-1844341.html).

Mark.