Oracle services check

From: Herring Dave - dherri <Dave.Herring_at_acxiom.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2013 20:38:43 +0000

Folks,

I may be missing something obvious but does Enterprise Manager (10g and 11g) have a check/metric for Oracle services being up/down/reallocated? I checked under all metrics and couldn't find anything, but then again I could be missing something.

The reason I ask is that our team supports a decent number of RACs and 2 of them (one 10g the other 11g) are 6-node RACs with 24 services with preferred and available nodes varying greatly per service. Spot checking is pretty difficult for these RACs in determining if any service is down or relocated to another instance (Note: I didn't design this!). I wrote a simple script to compare the current status of each service with it's configuration but before I implement this I wanted to double check to make sure there isn't something already provided.

If there isn't anything in EM, then how are others dealing with this?

DAVID HERRING
DBA
Acxiom Corporation

EML   dave.herring_at_acxiom.com
TEL    630.944.4762
MBL   630.430.5988

1501 Opus Pl, Downers Grove, IL 60515, USA WWW.ACXIOM.COM

The information contained in this communication is confidential, is intended only for the use of the recipient named above, and may be legally privileged.

If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.

If you have received this communication in error, please resend this communication to the sender and delete the original message or any copy of it from your computer system.

Thank You.