Re: logical standby database

From: David Fitzjarrell <oratune_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 12:30:33 -0800 (PST)

You should check the log_archive_dest_state_X (where X is a number between 1 and 31, at least on 11.2, and corresponds to the log_archive_dest parameter you set to communicate with your standby server) to see if it's been defered; it may be as simple as

alter system set log_archive_dest_state_X enable;

then check to see if logs are being received and applied.  Also it may be that you haven't started the log apply process on the standby database; this, too, is an eaxy fix (presuming there are no errors that killed the processe):

alter database start logical standby apply;

Check these areas and if you still cannot get logs transferred and applied give us more details on the situation so we can better assist you.

David Fitzjarrell

From: Joseph David Paparo <jpaparo_at_uark.edu> To: "oracle-l_at_freelists.org" <oracle-l_at_freelists.org> Sent: Monday, January 28, 2013 1:08 PM
Subject: logical standby database

Hello,
I recently created my first logical standby database.  I have noticed that when I update a data from a table in the primary database, the data doesn't transfer over to the equivalent table on the logical standby database.  Can anyone give me any tips as to how I can get the logical standby to refresh its data from the primary?  Thanks.

Joe