Re: Database Design Best Practice help

From: Jose Soares <jose.soares_at_sferacarta.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 18:08:27 +0100

These tables are simple coding tables used for selection list , here some:

specie
  code | description
--------+---------------

  0801   | Poultry
  0128   | Rabbit
  0132   | Turkey
  0130   | Bees
  1      | Sheep & Goats
  3      | Cattle
  6      | Camels
  0129   | Buffalo
  20     | Fish
  0140   | Ostrich
  61     | Hare
  72     | Trouts
  74     | Carp
  77     | Cat Fish
  84     | Oyster
  85     | Clam
  0141   | Duck
  0137   | Goose
  0134   | Quail
  0135   | Partridge

movement
  code |        description
------+-------------------------------
    11 | Theft
    12 | Move out to slaughter house
    15 | Home slaughtering
    17 | Export to third countries
    16 | Export to EU countries
     1 | Birth
     2 | First tagging
     5 | Move in
     4 | Import from third countries
     8 | Move out
    14 | Death
    18 | Reidentification for lost ID
     7 | Move in from Temporary Export
    10 | Move out to  Temporary Export
     3 | Import

desease
  code | description

--------+----------------------------------------------------
  ATH    | Antrax (Multiple Species)
  BTV    | Blutongue (Multiple Species)
  002    | Rabies
  001    | TBC
  OVS    | Old world screwworm/Chrysomya bezziana(Multiple Sp
  BRM    | Brucellosis/Bucella Melitensis (Multiple Species)
  FMD    | Foot and mouth disease (Multiple Species)
  BRU    | Brucellosis/Brucella Abortus (Multiple Species)
  NWS    | New world screwworm/Cochliomyia (Multiple Species)
  PTB    | Paratubercolosis (Multiple Species)
  RAB    | Rabies (Multiple Species)
  RVF    | Rift Valley Fever (Multiple Species)
  RP     | Rinderpest (Multiple Species)
  VS     | Vesicular Stomatitis (Multiple Species)
  EAE    | Enzootic abortion of ewes (Sheep and Goats)
  PPR    | Peste des petits ruminants (Multiple Species)
  SCP    | Scrapie (Sheep and Goats)
  SGP    | Sheep pox and goat pox (Sheep and Goats)
  BAM    | Bovine anaplasmosis (Cattle)
  IB     | Avian infectious bronchitis (Poultry)
  EEL    | Equine Encephalimyelitis
  EVA    | Equine Viral Arteritis
  ND     | Newcastle Disease
  HPA    | Higth Pathogenic Avian Influenza
  CCP    | Contagious Caprine Pleuropneumonia
  CBP    | Contagious Bovine Pleuropneumonia
  PC     | Paratubercolosis Cattle