Re: Database Design Best Practice help

From: Timo Raitalaakso <rafu_at_iki.fi>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 11:16:31 +0200

Hi,

I would suggest going to another direction. Are those code columns primary keys to the tables? Hopefully you have foreign keys in your schema. Going to more general way you loose information that comes from the relationships . The schema should tell the user something about the data inside. Change the code column names to be more informative names like productcode and countrycode.

--
Timo Raitalaakso
http://rafudb.blogspot.com/