Re: Database creation question

From: Hans Forbrich <fuzzy.graybeard_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2013 10:32:22 -0700

I agree to a certain extent, specifically with Oracle Text, Oracle Media, Oracle Locator, XDB, Java, and the like.

OTOH, APEX is a no-cost feature (not option), which requires HTTP access to the database. If the DBA is not aware, the dbms_xdb.sethttpport() and dbms_xdb.setftpport() could be used to open access to the database through non-traditional access points.

My take is more along the lines: if you are not able to administer and audit a feature - from a comfort-, skill-, time-, authority-, management directive- point of view - don't install it.