Linux and huge pages

From: CRISLER, JON A <JC1706_at_att.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 23:58:54 +0000

We are trying to come up with a script to troubleshoot hugepages setup in Linux. I see there is a parameter for USE_LARGE_PAGES which in 11.2.0.3 has 4 different values:

True - use huge pages if available, otherwise use regular mem False- don't use huge pages
Only- only use huge pages, and if huge pages are not sufficient, throw an error and shutdown instance. Auto- new in 11.2.0.3 - use oradism to reconfigure kernel to allocate huge pages

(this is a subset of Oracle Support technote 1392497.1).

My question- is there a view or a method to determine where oracle is actually using the huge pages ? Something besides sysctl or cat /proc/meminfo, ideally similar to v$sgainfo.