Re: query for waiters queue

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2013 08:30:56 -0000

I've just tried a simple test on an 11.2.0.3 instance. Get 3 sessions to lock a table in exclusive mode - one gets it, the other two queue.
The query returned no rows. In fact v$wait_chain held no rows.

I haven't checked the documentation yet, but the waits captured by v$wait_chain may include all the common waits we might like.

Regards

Jonathan Lewis
http://jonathanlewis.wordpress.com/all-postings

Author: Oracle Core (Apress 2011)
http://www.apress.com/9781430239543

  • Original Message ----- From: "John D Parker" <orclwzrd_at_yahoo.com> To: "Sriram Kumar" <k.sriramkumar_at_gmail.com> Cc: "oracle-l" <oracle-l_at_freelists.org> Sent: Wednesday, January 16, 2013 6:32 PM Subject: Re: query for waiters queue

| It appears that you win the prize!

keep running into the situation where I have one holder and 600 waiters. I clear off the blocker and then another one picks up and blocks. Is there a query that will give the current waiter queue? I see that Jonathan talks about a trace event to create a trace file but that's not particularly useful in my situation. Anyone have a query for this?