Logical Standby Question

From: Goulet, Richard <Richard.Goulet_at_parexel.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 17:41:34 +0000

We've built a logical standby database for a pile of folks here who want an "up to the second" copy of their primary database for a portal application that really can kill the primary database. Now we're looking at recovery and restoration efforts if needed. I'm making the assumption that we'll need to recover both the primary and standby databases to the same point in time, but I'm wondering if anyone out there has ever come up against this int eh past. All ideas welcome. Richard Goulet
Senior Oracle DBA/NA Team Leader