Re: Are you using Internet Explorer for MOS?

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 10:46:38 +0000

I have the same setting as Finn, I'd guess your IT security team configures protected mode for I.E
http://blogs.msdn.com/b/ie/archive/2008/07/02/ie8-security-part-v-comprehensive-protection.aspx- the local path to your profile potentially gives information such as usernames away. If the behaviour changed recently then I guess MOS is trying to strip the (non-existent) path from your file name. I'd log a bug against MOS (or just use a better browser as you are doing :) ).

On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 10:27 AM, Norman Dunbar <oracle_at_dunbar-it.co.uk>wrote:

> On 16/01/13 18:50, Jorgensen, Finn wrote:
> > This is the setting in my IE9 so I think Enabled is the default.
> Maybe. I'm stuck with the Government sponsored IE7 and it's definitely
> disabled.
>
> Luckily, I have access to Firefox.
>

> Cheers,
> Norm.