Re: session time model issue

From: Tanel Poder <tanel_at_tanelpoder.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2013 21:57:54 +0200

Just treat them as they are - if 1000ms out of a second is seemingly spent on execution and "additional" 900ms out of the same second were spent on hard parsing, then they both happened, but just at a different level or recursive depth.
I'm not saying that these operations were executing at the same time, but rather the parsing operation took a dive into (recursive) execution level and while recursive execution for the parsing operation was running, the time still was accounted for both (again it's just based on taking deltas between begin & end operation snapshots and recursive operations apparently break the logic somewhat).

I prefer this behavior to artificially hiding or subtracting time from raw measurements. Should it show 100% execution and 0% parsing - or only 10% on execution and 90% parsing in this case ... maybe a new time model metric "recursive execution time" could help ...

--
*Tanel Poder*
Online Training! - http://blog.tanelpoder.com/seminar