RE: v$session with same serial#

From: <Christopher.Taylor2_at_parallon.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2013 06:43:40 -0600

Mark,

(disclaimer: I fully reserve the right to have read this completely wrong and am now going down a rabbit trail...)

Doesn't your example actually show the opposite? Sure, the background procs are 1 (but I think we can agree that those are "special" processes), but the others seem to be fairly different.

Here's mine:

set lines 180
set pages 24
set head on
set verify on
set feed on

1.first check how many sessions in each node

select inst_id, count(*) from gv$session where type != 'BACKGROUND'
group by inst_id
/

   INST_ID COUNT(*)
---------- ----------