Re: maximum number of expressions in a list is 1000

From: Sayan Malakshinov <xt.and.r_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2013 02:51:44 +0400

I think that it is easier to bind a collection, especially when it comes from client.
In addition, if you really want gtt, you can materialize collection in query - it will be "like" gtt.

PS. Let me add a link to "PL/SQL program limits": http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E11882_01/appdev.112/e25519/limits.htm

On Thu, Jan 10, 2013 at 2:25 AM, Jared Still <jkstill_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> Use GTT and refactor the SQL to deal with it properly.
>
> BTW I have seen up to 35k bind variables in a where clause.
> Obviously Oracle is not converting that to an inlist.
>
> Not quite off topic: Build yourself a test SQL like that and see how long
> it takes to parse.
>

> Jared Still
> Oracle Blog: http://jkstill.blogspot.com
> Home Page: http://jaredstill.com