RE: Audit network?

From: Don Granaman <granaman_at_cox.net>
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2013 10:07:09 -0600

Thanks Mark.

I found note 1241325.1 this morning, but seems though that the problem is not limited to that one issue. I have experimented with it and several such errors and none ever produced an audit record. Bug 9856585 is suspended because the filer did not pursue. I filed an SR and they said that there were two others who filed a similar SR, but nobody ever pursed it.. So, I am attempting to open a new bug report on it.

Call me cranky, but "audit network" has been around for a long time - since 9iR2 at least - and it has (apparently) never actually worked. IMHO Oracle should either (a) fix it or (b) remove it from the documentation and make
"audit network" return an error. It is deceiving and sometimes dangerous to
be misled into thinking that something is happening (e.g. in this case, being audited) when it is not.

-Don