Re: ORA-15042: ASM disk "xx" is missing

From: Radoulov, Dimitre <cichomitiko_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2013 11:03:38 +0100

On 03/01/2013 09:57, Fergal Taheny wrote:
> Unfortunately it only gives me info relating to the disks it can see. I'm
> trying to find out where ASM stores data relating to the other missing
> disks.

Hi Fergal,
I _suppose_ that asm stores all this info in the asm files, despite we're not able to find something obvious in the output of kfed/dd etc.

Check the following Note on MOS: TROUBLESHOOTING - ASM disk not found/visible/discovered issues [ID 452770.1]: there is a section Use OS utilities to determine which disk cannot be found suggesting that TRUSSing or STRACEing the RBAL process while selecting * from v$asm_disk should reveal the missing device names.

Regards
Dimitre